New for 2023, Hörst Basecamp is the ultimate mountain getaway in the heart of the Red River Gorge southern region. Built by renowned climber Eric Hörst for his family trips to the Red, this contemporary cabin offers quick access to world-class climbing (10 minutes from Muir Valley, Motherload, and PMRP crags), Natural Bridge State Park, Daniel Boone State Park, Gorge Underground (cave kayaking and boat tours), RRG Zip Line Tours, Via Ferrata (Southeast Mountain Guides), miniature golf, hiking trails leading to many of the 100 natural arches, and popular eating spots (Miguel’s pizza, Redpoint, La Cabaña, Hops, the Red River Rockhouse).
Beautifully situated on a secluded wooded hilltop in the Cliffview Resort community, this two-story luxury (3 BR, 3.5 bath) cabin features a spacious open floor plan with three sliding doors to access the two levels of sprawling deck space (270-degree view). The accommodation is well appointed with leather furniture, granite countertops, premium-grade appliances, central air conditioning, two 70” TVs, 8-foot pool table, 6-person hot tub, and a climbing/training room.
Eric and Lisa designed and outfitted Hörst Basecamp to be the ultimate retreat for up to 3 couples, large family and group getaways (up to 10 people), and for anyone wanting to work remotely in a stunning location (with high-speed Web access and a laser printer).
* Sleeps 10
* Master Bedroom with Queen bed and sliding-door access to the upper-level deck
* Master Bathroom with tile shower and granite vanity
* Two Guest Bedrooms, each with twin bed bunks and a full-size (double) bed
* Two Guest Bathrooms (accessed from guest bedroom), each with tub/shower combo
* Gas Fireplace in Great Room
* Central air conditioning (and ceiling fans in all bedrooms)
* High-speed Internet, Wi-Fi, and Laser printer
* Two– 70” TVs (in Great Room & Rec Room) with WiFi Smartcast and numerous Streaming Apps such as NETFLIX, HBO Max, Amazon Prime, YouTube, Disney+, Hulu (bring your log-in info)
* 6-person deluxe hot tub
* Rec room with pool table
* Climbing wall and 2 hangboards for warm-up climbing and training (must be 18 years old to use the climbing room)
* Full-size Washer &and Dryer (bring detergent)
* Luxury Kitchen with granite countertops, large refrigerator, electric stove & oven, microwave, dishwasher, 10 place settings, coffee mugs and wine glasses
* 14-cup Cuisinart coffee maker & Teapot (filters provided, but bring coffee/tea)
* Blender and Toaster
* Linens and towels provided
* Dish soap and hand soap provided
* Toilet Paper and Paper Towels provided
Starting at $200